The V3.4 update is here for Fortnite, bringing the seemingly OP guided missile as well as changing the shotgun rarities (only a visual change). Let’s go ahead and discuss everything Fortnite added in the V3.4 patch update!
Fortnite v3.4 Update Notes
Weapons + Items
- Guided Missile added.
- Damage to Players: Epic – 105; Legendary – 110
- Damage to Environment: 1000
- Lifetime: 18 seconds
- Time Between Shots: 3.13 seconds
- Rocket Speed: 1300 units/second
- Rocket Health: 100
- Take direct control of the missile after it’s fired.
- Once you take on the missile’s point-of-view, you’re unable to move your character.
- Disconnect from the missile at any time, in which the missile will continue its trajectory.
- Moves slightly slower than a regular rocket but does the same damage.
- Epic and Legendary rarity.
- Uses Rocket ammo.
- Found in Treasure Chests + Supply Drops.
- Adjusted rarity colors on Shotguns to more closely represent their effectiveness.NOTE: Characteristics (such as weapon damage, drop chances) are completely unchanged.
- Tactical Shotguns are now Common/Uncommon/Rare (was Uncommon/Rare/Epic).
- Pump Shotguns are now Uncommon/Rare (was Common/Uncommon).
- The Egg Launcher has been added as a seasonal item that replaces the Grenade Launcher (only a cosmetic change).
- Increased Launch Pad drop rate by 25%.
Weapons + Items
- Issues with the Boogie Bomb are fixed and this item is now re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue which caused spike traps to trigger when a player stands on top of the wall the trap is attached to.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from entering ADS mode upon landing when they hold the aim button while jumping.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Hunting Rifle to fire inaccurately when crouched or at close range.
- The Remote Explosives detonator is now correctly removed from your inventory if another player destroys your placed explosives and you have no more in your inventory.
- Fixed a bug where players could remain in sprint while using the Remote Explosive detonator but not play the detonator animation.
- Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout v2
- Hunting Rifle and Crossbow added.
- Revolver removed.
- Downed state is disabled. Downed players are immediately eliminated.
- Legendary weapons can only be found in Supply Drops.
- Epic weapons can only be found in Treasure Chests.
- Heavy Ammo Drop Quantities:
- Floor: 6
- Chest: 6
- Ammo Box: 12
- Supply Drop: 18
- Llama: 90
- Rearranged the order in which pieces fall off of player built structures as they are damaged. * Increased the number of loot spawns on the warmup island.
- Removed 30 FPS mode from Xbox One and PS4.
- In v3.4 we made some significant GPU optimizations which improved visual quality, including resolution in 60 FPS mode, and we now feel there is very little reason to play at 30 FPS. – Developer Comment
- Fixed opened treasure chests sometimes appearing as unopened when viewed from very far distances.
- Fixed an issue which caused revived players to become stuck in an invalid state if a building * piece was placed between the two players in the middle of the revive.
- Bullseyes will no longer appear after the challenge has been completed.
- Fixed an issue that caused other player’s headgear to appear to float above their heads.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused players to lose their ability to control their character after jumping from the bus.
- Fixed an issue that caused bushes and other environment objects to pop in and out of view at medium range.
- Party Suggestions for your Epic Friends now appear in the lobby on consoles.
- Added a zoom feature to the map.
- Mouse Wheel will zoom in and out.
- Gamepad – Right trigger zooms in, left trigger zooms out.
- Touch – Pinch to zoom, swipe to pan.
- The elimination feed now displays the distance for shots that knock down or eliminate other players beyond 50 meters for all weapons.
UI Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which caused downed squad mates to appear eliminated on the UI.
- Fixed an issue that prevented marker placement on the map if the map was opened while transitioning from the warmup island to the Battle Bus.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from placing minimap markers close to the edge of the island.
- Game Mode selector will no longer reset to ‘Squads’ when a new party member joins while another mode was selected.
- Fixed an issue which caused the ping value to be inaccurate when ‘Show Net Stats’ was enabled.
- When using the inverted controls option, the mouse cursor will no longer be inverted while the map is open.
Art and Animation
- Polished weapon particle effects for improved clarity:
- Bullet smoke trails are more detailed for rifles and pistols, making it slightly easier to determine the direction of shots fired across your view.
- Sniper rifle projectiles that hit the world have larger, more visible impact effects.
- Shotgun pellet trails and player hit effects have been adjusted to more clearly show the spread of each shot and make it easier to see how much of it hit an enemy.
- Suppressed weapons have a much more subtle muzzle flash and no longer show bullet smoke trails.
- Pump Shotgun and Hand Cannon fire animations have been polished, improving readability and snappiness.
A+A Bug Fixes
- Fixed the glow effect on some chests that were glowing white.
- Fixed an issue which caused the crossbow reload animation to play in situations where it wasn’t actually reloading.
- Removed the chirp sound from landing Supply Drops.
- Added hit notification sounds when the player you’re spectating lands a shield, body, or headshot hit.
Audio Bug Fixes
- The tire pile bounce sound will now play while spectating players.
- Crossbow bolts no longer play valentine sound effects when hitting players.
- Search sound effects now persists for the full duration when searching Loot Llamas.
- Fixed an issue that made player landing sounds difficult to hear if footstep audio was also playing.
- Major netcode optimizations to reduce lag.
- Improved game responsiveness by updating all players on the server every frame. Previously, only 50 players could be updated each frame.
- Reduced lag at the beginning of the match by optimizing networking to improve overall server frame rate.
- Made significant improvements to visual quality on consoles, including resolution improvements and texture sharpness improvements.
- Improved texture filtering sharpness on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Increased texture resolution on Xbox One.
- Improved frame rate when many other players are nearby.
- Fixed hitching that could occur in game when encountering certain cosmetic items for the first time.
To sum all of this up, we have the main change in the shotguns. Remember, this doesn’t change the stats of these shotguns (pump and tactical) as it is only cosmetic. The guided missile seems super OP, so try and find it if you can. Thanks for reading and come back soon for more Fortnite information!